Serving the residents of the National Capital Area
The League of Women Voters of the National Capital Area [LWVNCA] is an Inter League Organization (ILO). It is comprised of the District of Columbia League and those Leagues in Maryland and Virginia surrounding the nation's capital. Once you join one of the local Leagues in the LWVNCA region, you become a member of the local and state Leagues and of the LWV of the United States.
We are a nonpartisan, political, membership organization that encourages informed and active participation in government. The League influences public policy through education and advocacy at all levels of government.
Calendar of Events Learn More
- We sponsor meetings and events for the public and League members
Elections & Elected Officials Learn More
- Election information in our member jurisdictions can be found at the respective States of Maryland, Virginia and District of Columbia election websites.
About the LWV of the National Capital Area Learn More
- The purpose of LWVNCA shall be to promote political responsibility through informed and active participation in government, and to act on selected governmental issues of a metropolitan, regional or interjurisdictional nature such as energy, water and transportation.
Bylaws of LWVNCA Learn More
- Governing document of the LWVNCA
Program & Positions Learn More
- Positions of the LWVNCA arrived at through member study and consensus
Regional Governance Learn More
- The Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments
Join the League Learn More
- We welcome you joining our grassroots organization.
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.
LWV-VA Statewide Voters' Guide
LWVNCA Member Leagues